top of page

1. Residence visa


In order to stay through business or employment in Malaysia, you must obtain a work visa and stay. Employment visa is dependent on the employed company and must be renewed every 1-2 years.

If you are recognized for your experience and expertise working in Malaysia on a work visa for more than 3 years, you can consider obtaining an RP-T (Excellent Talent Resident Visa), which allows you to work freely with a 10-year long-term residence visa.

Or, through obtaining MM2H (Malaysia My Second Home) visa, which is one of Malaysia's representative immigration programs, you can stay in Malaysia for a long period of time regardless of the period of time, or you can teach your child's international school or plan immigration life after retirement. However, in the case of MM2H visa, there are restrictions on job hunting, so after consulting with U1, you must apply for a visa that is suitable for your requirements and future design.

​① RP-T (Residence Pass-Talent)

RP-T (Residence Pass-Talent) was introduced in 12 National Key Economic Areas (NKEA) with the aim of facilitating foreigners with technical skills and expertise to stay in Malaysia.


RP-T was launched on April 1, 2011 under the supervision of Talent Corporation Malaysia Berhad, established to formalize and promote recruitment initiatives for the Malaysian Economic Development Program.

From the start of the program in 2011 to December 2017, more than 6,400 applications have been approved, and 90% of these applicants have more than 10 years of global work experience. These are the chief executives and technical experts in the economic field.

They can stay freely in Malaysia through RP-T and contribute to Malaysia's entry into the ranks of developed countries.

​② Benefits of RP-T visa


Guaranteed stay in Malaysia for up to 10 years.

If your employer changes, you do not need to renew your visa.

You can apply for a companion visa for your spouse and children under 18 years of age.

You may be accompanied by children 18 years of age or older, as well as parents and parents of spouses. (Renewed every year, up to 5 years)

​③ Eligibility requirements for RP-T visa

Proof of experience working in Malaysia on a work visa for at least 3 years

Hold a work visa with a validity period of at least 3 months at the time of application

Base salary of 15,000 ringgit or more excluding allowances/bonus, etc.

Proof of payment of Malaysian income tax for at least 2 years

Proof of degree at least two-year diploma course

Proof of at least 5 years of work experience

2.​MM2H (Malaysia My 2nd Home)

Long-term residence visa program implemented by the Malaysian government. This is a program that permits foreigners to stay in Malaysia without an immigration system so that foreigners can lead a comfortable and stable life if only certain financial capabilities are proved without a formal work permit. is. Anyone in the world, regardless of country, race or religion, can apply and bring a spouse and children under the age of 21.


​① Benefits of MM2H visa

​▶ Tax benefits

  • Tax exemption on income from overseas

  • MM2H Term Deposit Interest Income Tax Exemption

  • Convenience of inheritance and gift by opening a joint account freely

  • No real estate inheritance tax and gift tax

▶ Housework Assistant

  • In accordance with the guidelines of the Immigration Bureau of Malaysia, one domestic worker is allowed to enter the country.

▶ Child education

  • Children under the age of 21 are allowed

  • International schools and Malaysian national and public schools can be admitted

▶ Accompanying parents

  • Visas for direct parents aged 60 or older are possible

  • Extension of 6 months and possible stay in Malaysia

▶ Part-time work

  • ​If you are over 50 years old and want to be hired by a Malaysian company, you can work part-time up to 20 hours per week.

bottom of page